May 29th, 2016 by admin
Due to Dylan’s injuries, the premiere of the third movie from the Maze Runner series The Death Cure was postponed to 2018 to allow Dylan to recover fully.
Variety reports The Maze Runner 3 release date has been set for January 12, 2018, pushed back nearly an entire year from the originally set February, 17, 2017.
May 12th, 2016 by admin
Dylan O’Brien is currently in negotiations with CBS Films to play Mitch Rapp in American Assassin, the adaptation of the Vince Flynn bestselling novel series that Michael Cuesta will direct for CBS Films and Lionsgate. O’Brien will play the title character, who ruthlessly carries out covert counter-terrorist operations for the CIA in the book series. A deal is expected to make shortly, ending a long search for what is expected to be a star-making role. He would star alongside Michael Keaton, who signed on earlier to play Stan Hurley, a badass Cold War veteran who teaches the young assassin everything he needs to know. The idea is that O’Brien’s Mitch Rapp is college aged, and the hope is the actor grows as the series progresses.
Stephen Schiff adapted the novel and Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Nick Wechsler are producing. CBS Films and Lionsgate are co-financing; CBS Films is overseeing the production and marketing while Lionsgate will release what is hoped to be the start of a franchise. Production begins in the fall, and they will be working around O’Brien’s recovery from injuries incurred during the shooting of Maze Runner: The Death Cure, which had to be postponed to give him time to heal up.
Lionsgate will be selling foreign on the film, and having O’Brien in the fold will surely help. It also means he’s recovering from his injuries. (Source)
May 9th, 2016 by Francisco
After Dylan O’Brien suffered severe injuries on the set of The Maze Runner: The Death Cure during a stunt gone wrong back in March, fans were comforted knowing that Dylan’s injuries were not life-threatening and he would be back to work in just a few weeks. But then last week, news broke that production on the third installment of the series had shut down to allow its star more time to recover from his “very serious” injuries.
Now, you’re totally confused and don’t know what to think. You’re pretty much just hoping and praying Dylan is okay.
TMZ caught up with Dylan’s Maze Runner co-star Dexter Darden and he shared an update on the fate of the third Maze Runner movie and Dylan’s condition, specifically, his face.
“Yeah, [we’re still doing the sequel]. We’ve been postponed,” Dexter insisted about the future of the popular movie series’ future. “Our main goal is to just make sure that Dylan gets better. So we’re just supporting him as friends, as cast mates during this time that he’s healing. And then as soon as he’s healed and ready to go, we’re going to be right back on it for Maze Runner 3.”
The best news of all is that Dylan is fine, and Dexter had nothing but great things to say about him.
“Dylan, he’s one of the most hardworking men in show business,” Dexter said about his commitment to doing his own stunts.
As for the status of his face after breaking three bones in it? “He’s dashingly good looking. He looks fine!” Dexter shared.
Check out the whole interview here.
April 27th, 2016 by admin
Dylan was seriously injured on set [of The Death Cure movie] and that production had come to a screeching halt. No full details have ever been disclosed about the accident. But it is being reported today that the actor is healing well. And production on the 3rd and final Maze Runner movie should be back up and running this May.
While the accident hasn’t been disclosed to the public in full, Dylan O’Brien is said to have suffered a concussion, a facial fracture and several lacerations from a motorcycle stunt that went horribly wrong. Co-star Giancarlo Esposito, who can be seen in next weekend’s The Jungle Book and later in this summer’s Money Monster, spoke with E! Online about the on-set accident. He explains.
“He’s healing very well. He got put together a couple of weeks ago… he’s one tough cookie. He got his bell rung. I would imagine many who witnessed it thought that was it…[But] he’s a survivor. The one good thing about Dylan that I think is going to help him get back on schedule with us very soon is he has a great attitude.”
Dylan O’Brien was rushed to the hospital shortly after the accident occurred. Shooting was taking place in Vancouver, British Columbia. Production was suspended during the actor’s leave of absence, as he is the main star of the movie, and appears in most of the scenes in this final sequel to the Maze Runner trilogy. Shooting on the movie is expected to resume on May 15. Director Wes Ball, who has helmed all of the movies in this series, had this to say.
“I’ve been overwhelmed with feelings of anger and sadness and guilt. But, ultimately I find myself left with a deep love and respect for Dylan. He is one tough cookie. I’m sorry for the grief this accident has caused his friends and family as well as my wonderful cast and crew.”
The Maze Runner: The Death Cure is still scheduled for release on Feb. 17, 2017. At this time 20th Century Fox has not announced a new release date. It does not look like the accident has cost the film a loss in production time, and once everybody returns to set, everything should get back on schedule as planned. (Source)
April 27th, 2016 by admin
Dylan was announced as the star of the new comedy/action movie Little White Corvette! This movie will be directed by Iain Morris the screenplay was written by Michael Diliberti amd as I said, Dylan will be the star. The story is about a nerd and his wild older sister look to sell $1 million of cocaine they find in their deceased father’s sports car.